During recent years we have heard much about "race": how this race does certain things and that race believes certain things and so on. Yet, the whole phenomenon of race consists of a few surface indications.
We judge race usually __1__ the coloring of the skin: a white race, a brown race, a yellow race and a black race. But _2__ you were to remove the skin you could not __3__ anything about the race to which the individual belonged. There is __4__ in physical structure, the brain or the internal organs to __5__ a difference.
There are four types of blood. __6__ types are found in every race, and no type is distinct to any race. Human brains are the __7__. No scientists could examine a brain and tell you the race to which the individual belonged. Brains will __8__ in size, but this occurs within every race. Nor does size have anything to do with intelligence. The largest brain once examined belonged to a person of weak __9__. On the other hand, some of our most distinguished, people have had __10__ brains.
Mental tests which are reasonably __11__ show no differences in intelligence between races. High and low test results both can be recorded by different members of any race. __12__ equal educational advantages, there will be no difference in average standings, either on account of race or geographical location.
Individuals of every race __13__ civilization to go backward or forward. Training and education can change the response of a group of people and enable them to behave in a peculiar way.
The behavior and ideals of people change according to circumstances, but they can always go back or go on to something new __14__ is better and higher than anything _15__ the past.
1. A. in B. from C. at D. on
2. A. since B. if C. as D. while
3. A. speak B. talk C. tell D. mention
4. A. something B. everything C. nothing D. anything
5. A. display B. indicate C. demonstrate D. appear
6. A. All B. Most C. No D. Some
7. A. same B. identical C. similar D. alike
8. A. remain B. increase C. decrease D. vary
9. A. health B. body C. mind D. thought
10. A. big B. small C. minor D. major
11. A. true B. exact C. certain D. accurate
12. A. Provided B. Concerning C. Given D. Following
13. A. make B. cause C. move D. turn
14. A. that B. what C. whichever D. whatever
15. A. for B. to C. within D. in
答案：1-5 BBCCB 6-10 AADCB 11-15 DCBAD